These pages contain some information about the main events organized by SIPTA, including special sessions and tutorials devoted to Imprecise Probability and organized by SIPTA members.
Conferences and Schools
The International Symposium on Imprecise Probability: Theories and Applications* (ISIPTA) is organized every odd year, since 1999. These meetings are one of the primary international forums to present and discuss new results on the theories and applications of imprecise probability.
Information on the past symposia is available at:
- ISIPTA '11, Innsbruck (electronic proceedings)
- ISIPTA '09, Durham (electronic proceedings)**
- ISIPTA '07, Prague (electronic proceedings)**
- ISIPTA '05, Carnegie Mellon University (electronic proceedings)**
- ISIPTA '03, Lugano (electronic proceedings)
- ISIPTA '01, Cornell University (electronic proceedings)
- ISIPTA '99, Ghent (electronic proceedings)
*The old name of the conference, before ISIPTA '05, was International Symposium on Imprecise Probabilities and Their Applications.
**These proceeding have been accepted for indexing to the ISI Web of knowledge.
The SIPTA School on Imprecise Probabilities is organized every even year, since 2004. The aim of the school is to introduce interested students with the basics of imprecise probability topics, both theoretical and applied.
Some of the best specialists in different aspects of imprecise probabilities lecture, during one or two weeks time, on the main concepts and techniques associated to their area of expertise, in a friendly environment favoring interaction between participants. An important part of the time is devoted to the resolution of proposed exercises involving applied problems.
Information on the past schools is available at:
- Fifth SIPTA School on Imprecise Probabilities
July 16-20, 2012 - Pescara
- Fourth SIPTA School on Imprecise Probabilities
September 1-6, 2010 - Durham
- Third SIPTA School on Imprecise Probabilities
July 2-8, 2008 - Montpellier
- Second SIPTA School on Imprecise Probabilities
July 24-28, 2006 - Madrid
- First SIPTA School on Imprecise Probabilities
July 27-31, 2004 - Lugano
Special sessions and tutorials
IP Special Sessions and tutorials.This section gathers information about special sessions and tutorials oragnized by SIPTA members in upcoming conferences, or special sessions and tutorials that may be of interest to the SIPTA community.
Conference: ICVRAM and ISUMA 2014 , 13-16 July, Liverpool.
Submission deadline (abstract): 30 April 2013
Theme/title: Imprecise Probability in Reliability
Organizers: Frank Coolen, , Scott Ferson, Michael Oberguggenberger , Matthias Troffaes , Lev Utkin .
More information here.
Conference: EUROFUSE 2013 , 2-4 December, Oviedo.
Submission deadline: 3 June 2013
Theme/title: Preference modeling and learning using imprecise probabilistic approaches
Organizers: Sebastien Destercke, Erik Quaeghebeur
More information here.